About Chamber Music | Cincinnati
We present the finest international chamber music ensembles and soloists – plus others well-established, but still developing – and build current and future chamber music audiences.
Founded in 1929 and now in our 87th year, we are the country’s third longest-lived chamber music organization, the only one in our region that exclusively presents international touring chamber musicians who are at or approaching the pinnacle of their art.
We present six concerts annually by artists ranging from soloists to octets. They have included:
- Jeremy Denk, Menahem Pressler, and Christian Tetzlaff
- David Finckel and Wu Han, Nathan Gunn and Julie Jordan-Gunn, Jean-Pierre Rampal and John Steele Ritter, Dawn Upshaw and Gilbert Kalish
- The ATOS Trio, Beaux Arts Trio, Geringas Baryton Trio, and Trio con Brio Copenhagen
- The Alban Berg, Amadeus, Arditti, Artemis, Arcanto, Belcea, Cleveland, Emerson, Guarneri, Harlem, Jack, Juilliard, Kronos, Pavel Haas, Quartetto Italiano, St. Petersburg, Takacs, Tokyo, and Vermeer string quartets
- The Academy of St. Martin in the Fields Octet, Berlin Philharmonic Wind Quintet, Eighth Blackbird, and the Imani Winds quintet.
2019-2020 Chamber Music Cincinnati Board
Reuel Ash, President
Tyler Roe, Vice President
Lucy Burke, Treasurer
Marilyn Maag, Secretary
John R. Spencer
Photo: Arcanto Quartett | November 16, 2015